Use the On-Board SATA Port on Pogoplug Pro
There is an internal SATA port on Pogoplug Pro. You can connect an eSATA external hard drive to this SATA port. But before doing so, you need an SATA to eSATA cable and make some modifications to the Pogoplug Pro’s covers. Here is how:
- Take the Pogoplug Pro apart. Grab the transparent housing using one hand and the front cover (the stand) using the other hand and use some force to jig them apart. Then cut a small slot on the front cover (the stand) between the front USB port and the LED light cover.
- You can see the red SATA port on the PCB board.
- On the top cover you need to cut two slots into the ribs to make room for the SATA to eSATA cable.
- Connect the SATA to eSATA cable to the on-board SATA port. Remember to pass the cable through the front cover slot (the one that we cut in the previous step) first.
- Replace the top cover, the transparent housing, and the front cover (the stand). Make sure they close tight and slug. Now you can connect your eSATA external hard drive to the Pogoplug Pro.
Categories: Tips and Tricks